Paper length 5-10 pages. Papers are to be typed double spaced, 1-inch margins. The paper is to be in APA style and it is to have a minimum of 3 appropriate references. Do not use footnotes for your citations. I will be looking forward to reading papers that show evidence of careful research, organization, writing, and thought. There is no excuse for turning in a paper with spelling errors, poor grammar or a series of long quotations one after another held together by your brief sentences. The term paper is worth a maximum of 100 points.
The purpose of this paper is twofold:
• to engage you in independent literature search using the adult development, gerontology and geriatrics literature
• to have you demonstrate the applied and practical implications of theory and research in the psychology of aging on understanding and enhancing the aging process or understanding and addressing important social issues in aging.
Search the research literature in scholarly journals in adult development/gerontology/geriatrics since January 2019 to pick ONE research article that reports results of an empirical study that you find interesting and can understand. DO NOT PICK AN ARTICLE THAT IS A LITERATURE REVIEW, A THEORETICAL PAPER, OR A META ANALYSIS. If you have any doubts, check with me. Journals you will want to look at include: Journal of Gerontology, Gerontologist, Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, Journal of the American Medical Directors Association. Sit down in the library or at your computer (accessing the journals through the library’s web site) and thumb through the journals’ table of contents to identify potential articles. Read the abstracts to narrow your search.
When you have selected your article, write the paper in the following format:
1) Title Page in the following format:
Title of your paper
SUNY Buffalo State
Date you handed in the paper
2) Start off with a topic paragraph that:
• provides the citation of the article your are using
• clearly states the major theme of your paper, i.e., major point(s) you will be making in your paper. Be thoughtful. The topic paragraph should be like a synopsis of your paper, or, if you will, an abstract of your paper. I should be able to figure out the major points you will be making in the paper after reading your topic paragraph.
3) Review the article in 2-4 pages in your own words (don’t endlessly quote or worse, plagiarize):
• describe the study purpose and major hypotheses.
• summarize the study sample.
• describe the research methods used.
• summarize the major results and conclusions.
4) Tell me in 2-4 pages WHY IS THIS STUDY IMPORTANT?
• how does the study you picked contribute to the knowledge about important research questions or our understanding of a contemporary aging issue and how we respond to it
• how does this study results relate to other studies in the area:
does the study support other research?
does it blaze new trails?
does it contradict other research?
You should review and cite other relevant studies from the gerontology and geriatrics literature to support the points you are making. You will be expected to do additional library research for this. You will need to reference at least three additional scholarly publications or scholarly websites (NOT Wikipidia, NOT YOUR TEXTBOOK) in making your argument.
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homeworkpaper.net, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prices are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.