Assignment 1: Analysis of the Effects of Population Growth
Imagine you have been hired as a consultant for the United Nations. You have been asked to write an analysis of how global population growth has caused the following problem and how it affects climate change or population growth in a developing country of your choosing:
A growing global population that consumes natural resources is partially to blame for the release of greenhouse gases since human consumption patterns lead to deforestation, soil erosion, and farming (overturned dirt releases CO2). However, the critical issue is the burning of fossil fuels (hydrocarbons) such as coal, oil, and natural gas to produce energy that is used for things such as electricity production, and vehicle, heating, and cooking fuels.
The UN has asked that you choose a developing country from this list: https://www.mrs.org/developing-countries-list. https://www.mrs.org/about-mrs/membership/join-renew/list-of-developing-countries
World Bank Classifications for Developing Countries
Low-Income Economies ($1,005 GNI per capita in U.S. dollars)
Central African Republic
Congo, Dem. Rep
Korea, Dem Rep.
Lower-Middle-Income Economies ($1,006-$3,995 GNI per capita in U.S. dollars)
Egypt, Arab Rep.
Micronesia, Fed. Sts.
Papua New Guinea
São Tomé and Principe
Syrian Arab Republic
West Bank and Gaza
The UN has also given you the following guidelines.
The UN has asked that your paper contain three sections. It has asked that each section be one page (or approximately 300 words) in length and answer specific questions, identified in the outline below. The UN also asks that you use examples from your developing country when answering the questions.
Provide an introduction (a half-page minimum) that addresses points a-e below.
a. Explains the problem the UN has asked you to address in your own words.
b. Identifies the three sections your paper will cover.
c. Identifies the developing country you will consider.
d. Tells the UN which causes of greenhouse gases you will explore; and
e. Provides a one-sentence statement of your solutions at the end of your introduction paragraph.
Section I. Background
a. What are greenhouse gases?
b. How do greenhouse gases contribute to global warming?
Section II. How Emissions Cause Problems for the Developing World
a. Which countries produce the most greenhouse gases?
b. What are the economic challenges of these emissions (include examples from your chosen country)?
c. What are the security challenges of these emissions (include examples from your chosen country)?
d. What are the political challenges of these emissions (include examples from your chosen country)?
Section III. Causes of Greenhouse Gases and Solutions to the Problems Greenhouse Gases Cause
a. Name two causes of greenhouse gases.
b. What are the potential solutions that address each of the causes you identified?
c. What is the relationship between population control and greenhouse gas emissions?
• Provide a conclusion (a half-page minimum) that includes a summary of your findings that the United Nations can use to inform future policy decisions.
• In answering each question, use examples from your developing country to illustrate your points.
• The UN needs facts and objective analysis on which to base future policy decisions; avoid personal opinion and make sure your answers are based on the information you find through research.
• Make sure your paper consists of four to six pages (re: 1,200 words minimum, not including the cover page, reference page, and quoted material [if any]).
• Create headings for each section of your paper as follows:
• Section I. Background
• Section II. How Emissions Cause Problems for the Developing World
• Section III. Causes of Greenhouse Gases and Solutions to the Problems Greenhouse Gases Cause
• Use and cite at least five credible sources in your research. A list of potential resources is available below.
• Make sure your paper contains both in-text citations and a source list
• Include a cover page with your name, the country you selected, the date you submitted the paper, and your instructor’s name.
1. George Gitlitz. June 19, 2018. Opinion: The Pernicious Climate Dictum-Don’t Mention Population https://www.berkeleyside.com/2018/06/19/opinion-the-pernicious-climate-dictum-dont-mention-population
2. Gemma Tarlach. July 19, 2018. Mass Extinctions. http://discovermagazine.com/2018/jul-aug/mass-extinctions
3. Larry LeDoux. 2018. Does Population Growth Impact Climate Change? https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/population-growth-climate-change/
4. Bill McKibben. November 22, 2018. A Very Grim Forecast. https://www.nybooks.com/articles/2018/11/22/global-warming-very-grim-forecast/
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is as follows:
• Evaluate the impacts of population growth and its negative impacts on global societies while considering multiple perspectives.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic/organization of the paper, and language and writing skills.
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homeworkpaper.net, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prices are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.