The purpose of this Ethical Problem Solving Paper is to provide you with an opportunity to apply what you have been learning in this course to an ethical dilemma you have noticed in a business problem. It is intended to be a case on which to consciously use the ethical process you have tacitly developed.
In this paper, you must identify all aspects of the dilemma with evidence of relevant contextual factors. Assume the reader does not have a good grasp of the circumstances and consequences involved in the problem.
Further, the paper must identify and use at least three approaches to resolve the dilemma:
1. Catholic social teaching
2. Business ethics
3. The theory/methodology of your choice from consequentialism, deontology/duty theory, or virtue ethics.
At least two solutions to the dilemma should be proposed, one of which must be in harmony with Catholic social teaching (as expressed in A Catechism for Business: Tough Ethical Questions and Insights From Catholic Teaching). The solutions must be evaluated and supported by detailed explanations. All solutions must be evaluated against Franciscan Values.
Finally, you must support what you see to be the optimal solution. Explicitly state why it was chosen. If the dilemma chosen arises during your internship, and you are able to implement the optimal solution, you should describe the implementation of the solution and the possible consequences of the implementation. If you are not able to implement your proposed solution, discuss what you consider the possible consequences might be had it been implemented.
For the paper, you will:
Assume you are the ethics expert.consulted by the employer, judge, clinic director, or legislator who is most directly involved in making the central decision in this case. (Credentials? You are taking this class!) You are consulted as to your moral/ethical opinion to resolve the dilemma, not just as a management consultant nor as a witness to the facts, to legal status, to participants’ motives, and so forth.
In your analysis, be sure you go through all six of the following steps:
1. Identify all morally relevant facts (and unknown relevant facts).
2. Identify all sets of competing values. What issues exist, and what conflicts of value do they involve?
3. Identify all potential action options. What choices can be had?
4. State your position directly, clearly, completely, and very briefly (one sentence should suffice). Your position will identify which value(s) should be sacrificed so that some other value(s) will be preserved.
5. Give your rationale: the entire set of reasons for the position. This includes everything that justifies preferring one value to another in each conflicting set of values.
6. Consider potential objections to your position honestly and respond fully to them.
Your opinion is important for reflecting on the parts of the dilemma. Your position and rationale must move beyond opinion to supporting evidence, principles, and valid argument structure.
Expectations for the paper:
· Clarity, completeness, and cogency are important assessment criteria. Whether you agree with me and the class as to your conclusion or your ethical conflict resolution process is not a grading factor. Don’t assume the reader can “read between the lines.” Be clear and complete. The reader should not have to “second guess” your intent, reasons, and so forth.
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homeworkpaper.net, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prices are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.