Cause and Effect (Toulmin) Thesis/Outline Instructions and Checklist
In Module/ Week 6, you must develop an outline for your 1200-1500 word cause and effect argument essay that you will write in Module/Week 7. Your thesis/outline assignment should include a clear thesis statement with a clear cause and effect argument and a plan of support following the Toulmin Model of argument. Your research sources must be credible and appropriate for an academic essay. Include at least 4 quotations, 1 summary, and 1 paraphrase (6 total) into your essay from at least 3 outside sources to support your thesis statement and provide opposing arguments. Be sure to document your sources correctly according to your documentation style (Current APA, MLA, or Turabian). You may include biblical support, but it does not count in the required citations.
Cause and Effect Essay Prompt
Topics (Choose 1): Technology in the Workplace or Covid-19 and the American economy
Write a cause and effect argument in which you address one of the questions below.
“What is the impact of technology in the American workplace?”
“What is the impact of Covid-19 on the American economy?”
• Chapter 3 in this week’s textbook readings includes information about the Toulmin model of argument.
• Chapter 15 in this week’s textbook readings includes sample student outlines and student essays for a cause and effect (Toulmin) essay written in each of the documentation styles (APA, MLA, and Turabian).
• Review the Minimum Outline Requirements Checklist (below) to understand the content that you must include in your thesis/outline assignment this week.
• Review the Essay 3 Thesis/Outline Grading Rubric in the course before submitting your thesis/outline assignment.
Included below is the minimum that you must include in your thesis/outline; however, taking the time to construct a complete and thorough outline will help you save time when you write your actual essay.
(Minimum) Outline Requirements
1. Thesis statement: Makes a clear argument explaining the need to examine causes or consider effects relative to the topic.
2. Evidence: Presents points that support the thesis. (In your outline, include at least the minimum number of required paraphrases, summaries, and/or quotes from outside sources as indicated in assignment instructions.)
*Toulmin has very specific requirements for the inclusion of background, grounds, backing, qualifier, and rebuttal. See the sample outline and essay in Ch. 15 for more information to help you with this.
3. Opposing argument(s): Presents viewpoints opposing your thesis argument giving special consideration to opposition of your thesis. (Including the strongest opposition to refute helps build your credibility and convinces your audience to consider or adopt your position.)
4. Organize your information into the correct outline format. (See examples for APA, MLA, and Turabian in Chapter 15 for the Toulmin Model of argument.)
5. Documentation Requirements for Outline (Include minimum number of sources required for this assignment.):
If using current APA format, include properly formatted parenthetical intext citations and a References page.
If using current MLA format, include properly formatted parenthetical intext citations and a Works Cited page.
If using current Turabian format, include properly formatted footnotes and Bibliography page.
When you are satisfied with the quality of your outline, submit it via the submission link in Module/Week 6 for grading. Do not forget to write your degree program and whether you are using current MLA, APA, or Turabian in the “Submission Title” field when submitting your assignment.
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homeworkpaper.net, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prices are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.