Creating a Professional Development Plan
Write a 6–8-page professional development plan for your work as a nurse educator.
Learning never stops for the nurse educator. Lifelong learning is necessary to stay current both in the practice world and in education. Nurse educators need to have a plan for their own continued professional development that will help them maintain and advance their skills both as nurses and as educators.
The nursing profession needs nurse educators to educate more nurses, to introduce and educate about evidence-based practice changes, and more than ever, to join with our colleagues in other health care disciplines to exchange ideas and engage in interdisciplinary learning. As educators, we must continue to learn, be certified, and function at a high level to ensure continued growth for the nursing profession.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
• Competency 1: Analyze the historical evolution of nursing education.
• Describe forces (social, economic, political, or institutional) that may influence the nurse educator role.
• Competency 3: Analyze professionally established nurse educator competencies and models.
• Describe area of focus as a nurse educator, associated educator competencies, and professional goals in relation to nurse educator philosophy.
• Competency 4: Apply knowledge of legal and ethical issues relevant to higher education and nursing education.
• Assess abilities to meet goals, achieve professional development, and maintain ethical practices.
• Competency 5: Articulate how nurse educators serve as change agents and leaders to help advance nursing education and nursing practice.
• Discuss development of a leadership role in a chosen area of nurse educator focus.
• Competency 6: Develop a plan for engaging in scholarship in an established area of expertise.
• Develop a scholarship plan that includes analysis of how scholarship will be carried out in the nurse educator role.
• Competency 7: Establish a plan for pursuing continuous improvement in the nurse educator role.
Write a 6–8-page professional development plan for your career as an MSN-prepared nurse. The professional development plan should include the following:
• Introduction: A brief introductory paragraph that clearly states the purpose of the paper.
• Area of focus: A description of your specific area of focus in nursing education, the position that you wish to obtain, and the educator competencies that you will need as an MSN-prepared nurse.
• Professional goals: A statement of your specific professional goals (a minimum of three) and discussion of their relationship to your nurse educator philosophy.
• Influences: A brief description of any additional forces (social, economic, political, or institutional) that may influence your nursing education role.
• Analysis: An analysis of how you will carry out scholarship activities as an MSN-prepared nurse and a specific plan for scholarship based on a model.
• Leadership role: A discussion of specific ways (a minimum of two) that you will develop a leadership role in your chosen area of focus.
• Development plan: Specific plans for professional growth and any additional education, certifications, or training to be acquired.
• Reflection: A reflection in a concluding paragraph on your abilities to meet goals and achieve your professional development plan and ethical practice.
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homeworkpaper.net, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prices are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.