Evolution is the core theme of this class, specifically the evolution of humans. Given what you’ve read and watched, why is it essential to understand biological evolution before proceeding with this course?
Briefly define biological evolution and list examples of the scientific evidence for evolution.
Must there be a conflict between science and religion, or can there be reconciliation between the fields? Please note, as this topic is specifically discussed in the required reading and videos, it is expected that you summarize the represented views. You cannot get full credit on class essays without specific reference and citation to the required reading sources.
If you choose, you may then discuss whether you agree or disagree with the view of the theologians and scientists in these sources. As you will not be graded on your opinion, if you choose to include this please limit it to the final paragraph of your essay.
Write out your answers to these questions in a 400-500-word short essay. For full credit, include citations to any sources (including your textbook) you used in answering these questions. Use complete sentences and your best collegiate writing skills (topic sentences, formal voice). For tips on collegiate writing and how to write a short essay, review the following link: http://writingcenter.fas.harvard.edu/pages/essay-structure
When grading, I will be specifically looking for the following:
1) Does the essay answer all of the questions/topics assigned?
2) Is there evidence (accurate statements, facts, citations, specific reference to materials) that the student has read the assigned material and reviewed the assigned links? These essays are not intended as opinion pieces. Rather, the point is to prove you have read and thought critically on the topic.
3) Is material cited using an appropriate citation style (APA, MLA, CBE or Chicago)
a. Your essay must contain in-text citations to the required reading/viewing materials. There must also be a Reference list at the bottom of the paper that lists all the sources you cited.
4) Does the essay utilize recognized rules of English composition (thesis statement, topic sentences, good paragraph organization, formal voice, correct grammar and spelling)? A paper that has too many quotes will have a deduction. This is a short essay, use your own words.
5) Only scholarly sources, or the ones provided in the instructions, are utilized in the paper. You should expect a major point deduction for Wikipedia or any website that has not been approved. News sources other than what is provided are not acceptable. Anthropology, especially human origins, is a complicated and is a rapidly changing field. The Internet is full of inaccuracies or out-of-date information on this topic. The use of non-sanctioned sources is usually a clear sign to the reader (me) that the student didn’t read the textbook and just decided to “google it.”
6) Length (400-500 words required). There is not a deduction for exceeding this length. Papers with paragraph word count (excluding the reference section) below 400 words will be reduced in score by the percent of work completed (for example, a paper submitted at 200 words will be docked 50%).
Submit this essay via the Turnitin link on Blackboard.
You will ALSO need to copy and paste this essay into the class discussion board for the essay. This is due the same day as your essay. Follow the directions on the discussion board to complete that portion of the assignment.
Be sure to:
· Paste your essay to the discussion board by the due date
· Upload your essay (and not just these instructions!).
o Open the file after uploading to verify and to view the originality report.
· Save a copy of your Turnitin Upload Receipt
· Check that your paper does not contain plagiarism! To do this, view the originality report before I grade your paper. If you do not know how, please contact me via email. If you omit this step and your paper has blatant OR inadvertent plagiarism (missed citations for quotes), your paper will be scored as a zero.
· After grading – Check that your grade is correct on Blackboard and view my comments by re-opening your paper in Turnitin.
· After reviewing my comments on your essay and your score, submit a brief response back to me summarizing either your feedback to my comments or the steps for improvement you should take in your next essay. To submit this for grading, follow the link on Blackboard titled “Feedback to Instructor on Essay”
Three short videos that need to be discuss in essay
Reading Packet – “Evolution in Action”
Describe the evidence for evolution as described by Darwin and scientists since his time.
Can evolution be observed in the “wild”?
Explain how antibiotic resistance is an example of microevolution?
Reading Packet – “Still Evolving”
Provide examples of relatively recent evolutionary changes in humans
Are humans still subject to natural selection? Explain.
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homeworkpaper.net, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prices are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.