Summary Writing Rubric
Although summary writing, a common type of academic writing, can be assigned as a specific assignment, it also is a good way to have a record of what you have read for a specific course to use for study and reflection. As in learning any writing skill, writing a good summary takes practice. To create a successful summary, all stages of the writing process must be used.
Key Instructional Elements:
• Has a main idea/concept
• Includes important facts and details
• Is in the writer’s own words
• Direct use of text from selections should have quotation marks
• Reflects underlying meaning
• Includes details in logical order
• Is double-spaced with Times New Roman, 12-point font, normal margins, and headings.
Excellent (A) Good (B) Adequate (C) Ineffective (D)
Clear main idea with solid introduction and conclusion. Clear main idea. Main idea is unclear-not specifically stated in the writing. The main idea is not present.
All important details are included Important details are included but some might be missing Some critical information is missing Contains only some details
Details are in logical order with connections between paragraphs and thoughts. Ideas are in logical order. Ideas are in random order and not logical. Ideas are not in a logical order.
Demonstrates comprehensive understanding of information. Demonstrates adequate understanding. Demonstrates basic understanding of information in text. Demonstrates little or no understanding.
Is characterized by paraphrasing of the main idea and significant details with examples and references to other sources of information. Is characterized by paraphrasing of the main idea and significant details. Is characterized by the substantial copying of key phrases and minimal paraphrasing. Is characterized by the substantial copying of indiscriminately selected phrases or sentences.
Number of pages is about 4 times the number of chapters. Number of pages is about 3 times the number of chapters. Number of pages is about 2 times the number of chapters. Number of pages is about 1 times the number of chapters.
Generally speaking, the best midterm paper(s) from students have the following characteristics:
1. Illustrative examples and/or diagrams
2. Comprehensive and proper references
3. Organized with headings and subheadings
4. Written in paragraphs rather than in point forms (Remember: this is a paper instead of a presentation)
5. Structured with an introduction and a conclusion (Remember: these are not summaries of the summaries but what you observed as the management practice of global firms i.e. your answer for the question)
6. Related to #5, digested all chapters and then wrote the paper as a whole rather than having separate sections for each chapter (Remember: this improves the logic flow of the paper, and more importantly, the main purpose of the paper is to answer the question instead of just summarizing the chapters without relating them to the question)
7. 4 * 5 = 20 pages or above (Remember: this is just one of the criteria for the paper — your paper will not be a best paper if your paper is lengthy but does not contain #5 and #6 above)
8. Proper formatting (Remember: you should not choose a large font size to increase the number of pages)
If you identify some of the points above that the best papers have done but you have not done in your midterm paper, please try your best to learn and to apply them in your final paper.
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homeworkpaper.net, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prices are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.