Analyze how forensic science has influenced the criminal justice system.
Criminalists are active participants in today’s criminal justice system but this has not always been the case. For this assignment, you will create a timeline identifying various forensic science developments and analyzing how these developments influence today’s criminal justice system. After completing your timeline, you will consider how one case study may have evolved differently had it occurred prior to or after the many advancements forensic science has made over the years.
Part A: Use this Forensic Science Timeline Template to Create the Power Point Presentation
1-Explain the influence of 5 individuals on the criminal justice system.
2-Discuss at least 5 court decisions that have impacted how forensic science is used in the criminal justice system.
3-Analyze 5 core forensic science concepts and how they have influenced the criminal justice system and the analysis is fully developed and exhaustive.
4-Identify 1 case study where forensic science analysis had a significant impact on the outcome of the trial.
5-Describe what forensic tests and/or examinations used in the selected case study.
6-Explain how the selected case may have evolved during a different time in history.
7-Examine how the selected case might have turned out if different advancements in forensic science been available.
Research the history of forensic science.
Resources: Course Resources
Complete a timeline outlining important people, ideas, and events in the forensic science profession which have influenced the criminal justice system.
Include the following in your timeline:
* A minimum of 5 short biographies outlining the accomplishments of individuals who have influenced forensic science
* An analysis of how each of these individuals contributions has influenced the criminal justice system
* A minimum of 5 influential court decisions that have impacted how forensic science is used in the criminal justice system
* An analysis of a minimum of 3 forensic science services and how they have influenced the criminal justice system.
Part B: Case Study Comparison
Research one case study where forensic science analysis had a significant impact on the outcome of the trial.
Identify a point in time on your timeline and describe how this case would have been solved differently had it occurred at that period in time.
Write a 350 word summary explaining how this case may have evolved during a different time in history. Consider the following in your summary:
* What clues were available that may not have been at some point in the past?
* How may have this case turned out had different advancements in forensic science not been available?
* What forensic tests and/or examinations were used in the case study you chose and what would the criminal justice system have done if these tests were not available (DNA testing, hair analysis, firearms examination, etc.)?
Note: The Case study should be submitted within your Forensic Science Timeline PowerPoint presentation
* This Assessment should include a PowerPoint Presentation and a Microsoft Word (300 words) document, in addition to the title and reference pages.
* Respond to the questions in a thorough manner, providing specific examples of concepts, topics, definitions, and other elements asked for in the questions. Your submission should be highly organized, logical, and focused.
* Your submission must be written in Standard English and demonstrate exceptional content, organization, style, and grammar and mechanics.
* Your submission should provide a clearly established and sustained viewpoint and purpose.
* Your writing should be well ordered, logical and unified, as well as original and insightful.
* A separate page at the end of your submission should contain a list of references, in APA format.
Your submission should:
* include a cover sheet;
* be double-spaced;
* be typed in Times New Roman, 12 -point font;
* include correct citations
* be written in Standard English with no spelling or punctuation errors; and
* include correct references at the bottom of the last page
Directions do not specify how long Power Point Presentation needs to be. However Case study needs to be 350 words. Please just be sure to answer all questions to Power Point thoroughly.
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homeworkpaper.net, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prices are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.