This is the GREATS assignment for our course, and is therefore worth 10% of the overall class grade. Through this assignment, you will identify which types of triads occur in a specific Major key, and consider how that relates to other keys. Scales, triads, and your ability to use the Noteflight notation program are the primary elements being assessed with this assignment.
To begin, read through the Triads in Keys Assignment Worksheet/Outline, using the link below. This document will go through the steps for the assignment, and will demonstrate an example.
Triads in Keys Assignment.pdf
Once you are comfortable with these ideas, you will need to use Noteflight to notate this assignment. And then, when you have your assignment notated in Noteflight, you will need to print it as a PDF, and then you are ready to answer these short questions, and submit the assignment on Blackboard.
Short Answer – Your responses should total more than 300 words
1) What about the triad you have marked with an X makes it not Major or Minor? How is it different from a Major and a minor triad? How did you arrive at this answer?
2) Do you think this pattern of major and minor triads will be the same in another key? Why or why not? Explain using specific examples from keys and scales.
Submit the answers to these questions as a “Text Submission” in the Assignment Submission portal where you will also upload the PDF document.
Assessing Stated Learning Objectives
This assignment assesses you on identifying triads, determining the tonal structure of music, using basic musical terminology, and using appropriate software as described by Common Course Outline Objectives:
4. determine the tonal structure and rhythmic framework of works of music from diverse cultures, including European and American folk music, Asian folk and classical music, African traditional and contemporary popular music, Native American music, and Latin American folk music with regard to geographic and cultural origins and influences, style, genre, and performance practice;
6. identify triads and their inversions;
8. use Musition or other appropriate software program in the music lab to enhance and reinforce objectives, and;
10. define and use basic musical terminology in written and oral communication.
which align with this Major Topic:
VI. Chords: major, minor, augmented, and diminished triads; Dominant 7 chords
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homeworkpaper.net, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prices are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.