The Big Short: Fair Value Accounting’s Role in Financial Crisis
· Work individually; write a 1page report to address the following two questions.
· Your report has to be typed and printed. All text should be 12-point font, double spaced.
· Your report is expected to be grammatically correct and use proper citing and referencing.
(1) Discuss one specific element of the 2007/2008 Financial Crises covered in the movie “The Big Short”, which is currently available from a variety of sources. For example, you can choose to discuss a topic, such as Subprime mortgages, short sales, Collateralized Debt Obligations (CDO), credit default swaps, hedge funds or any other items from the movie. (
2) Some people view “Fair Value Accounting” as one main reason that the U.S. financial system melted down in 2008. Why do they think that way? After you watch the movie, do you think whether it is fair to blame fair value accounting for the financial crisis? **You can refer to a research article posted on our iLearn website –“Did Fair-Value Accounting Contribute to the Financial Crisis?”—to get a better understanding of this issue before you provide your opinions or comments on this question.
Grading Policy: Your response will be graded for both technical content and writing skills. Technical content will be evaluated for information that is helpful to the intended reader and clearly relevant to the issue. Writing skills will be evaluated for development, organization, and the appropriate expression of ideas in a professional manner.
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homeworkpaper.net, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prices are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.