Risk for malnutrition related to specific health conditions
What specific health conditions increase the risk of malnutrition?
Malnutrition in a sample of community-dwelling people with Parkinson’s disease
Sheard, J. M., Ash, S., Mellick, G. D., Silburn, P. A., & Kerr, G. K. (2013). PLOS One, 8(1), e53290.
The purpose of this study was to provide an estimate of the extent of malnutrition in community-dwelling people who have Parkinson’s disease. The Subjective Global Assessment (SGA) and Patient Generated Subjective Global Assessment (PG-SGA) were used to assess nutritional status in 125 participants who have Parkinson’s disease. In addition, body weight, standing or knee height, mid-arm circumference, and waist circumference were measured. There were 19 (15.2%) who were moderately malnourished. The symptoms most influencing intake were loss of appetite, constipation, early satiety, and problems swallowing.
The authors concluded that malnutrition remains under-recognized and undertreated in people who have Parkinson’s disease, and that regular screening of nutritional status is needed, with a focus on identifying problems that affect intake so that appropriate interventions can be implemented.
Create a 2-3 page summary which supports the topic question. Provide a current research article (less than 5 years). The 2-3 page limit does not include title and reference pages.
• What methods can be used to assess nutritional status?
• What methods can be used to identify those at risk for malnutrition?
• What specific health conditions increase the risk of malnutrition?
• What associations exist between nutritional status and health outcomes?
• What type of interventions improve adherence to recommendations on nutritional intake?
The Summary must include the following headings (see rubric for criteria under each heading):
a. Introduction and Key Points (10 Points)
• Choose one of the assigned topics and identifies one of the questions
• Defines the topic and question
• States why it is a problem
• Information presented in logical sequence
b. Article Search (25 Points)
• Current (less than 5 years) and credible resource
• Database search – terms and methods used
• Number of articles located
• Source outside of ATI module used
c. Article Findings (25 Points)
• How it addresses the topic
• Type of research conducted
• Findings of research
• Why this article was chosen
d. Evidence for Practice (25 Points) • Summary of evidence
• How it will improve practice
• How this evidence will decrease a gap to practice
• Any concerns or weaknesses located in the evidence
e. Sharing of Evidence (25 Points)
• Who would you share the information with?
• How would you share this information?
• What resources would you need to accomplish this sharing of evidence?
• Why would it be important to share this evidence with the nursing profession?
f. Conclusion (20 Points)
• Summarizes the theme of the paper
• Information presented in logical sequence
• All key points addressed
• Conclusion shows depth of understanding of topic
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homeworkpaper.net, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prices are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.