We have discussed several aspects of popular culture as spectacle — cultural production that has visual impact. For this assignment, you will join your analytical lens with outside sources to make an argument about the visual impact of a piece of pop culture. Or, put another way, answer the questions:
– In what ways is this a spectacle? What is its visual impact?
– What impact or relationship does this spectacle have to cultural ideologies?
You will need to consider who produces it and who views it, in addition to the visual information conveyed in the object of your choice.
Your essay should include the following:
* an argument; an argument is one possible answer to a research question that is supported with evidence, the utilization of which will make up the body of your paper and should be rooted in the object you are analyzing.
* a brief description, followed by a close reading of the visual elements of your chosen object: what do you see? What stands out? What does it tell you? What does it make you feel? What does it make you think about? What visual argument does it make — that is, what do the visual elements tell you about culture/cultural ideologies?
* your analysis, as well as engagement with two other texts (engagement can mean agreement/support or disagreement/conflict). At least one of these texts must be from our class; the other can be a secondary source, including internet articles.
* when relevant, please attach the object or an appropriate link with your essay as an appendix
Your assignment should be 4-5 double spaced typed pages in length.
The tone/style does not need to be overly formal, but you should proofread, and use the following format:
12 point font, Times New Roman, 1” margins
Double spaced, Pages numbered
Header includes your name, the title of the class, and the date
In text citations (footnote or parenthetical) and a Works Cited section at the end
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homeworkpaper.net, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prices are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.