The critical reading response should at a minimum:
• Choose one direct quote from the reading(s) and analyze it.
• You may analyze, dissect, discuss, or contextualize the quote(s) using ideas from class examples, discussions, films, or lectures.
• Avoid a lengthy summary of the reading! You may summarize the reading, but it should not be more that 300 words (at most!).
• You may find the idea of “glasses” helpful (see Williams Reading Guide), eg. what does this particular theorist help us to understand or “see.” Other questions to use might include: “why does this theory matter?”; what is the relevance of this theory to understanding culture or media?”
For this reading response, students can choose 1 topic from the set of readings below. For each topic, you can use whatever readings we cover that week, and one other. However, the focus must be on the reading from the week(s) you choose to write on.
• Technology(week1): Donna Haraway “Cyborg Manifesto”
• Identity(week2): Richard Dyer “On Whiteness” OR Kimberlé Crenshaw “Intersectionality”
• Bodies(week3): Judith Butler “Bodies that Matter” OR José Muñoz Esteban “Feeling Brown, Feeling Down: Latina Affect, the Performativity of Race, and the Depressive Position”
The reflection should be about 1200 to 1500 words, and be in MLA style. The critical reading response invites you to delve more deeply into the readings, to examine the writing of a given theorist, and to compare it to the ideas of other theorists.
• No outside research is necessary. You may use these academic websites (see below) to help you dissect or contextualize the reading or topic.
• A thesis statement is optional. The response must be analytical.
• Cite the class readings, lectures, films, and other sources using MLA style.
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homeworkpaper.net, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prices are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.