Guidelines: Choose Three of the following questions
Formulate a 1- 2 page paper for EACH answer that reflects college level writing free of errors. There must be a clear argument, supporting facts, and a conclusion in each essay .
Follow standard format guidelines (1 inch margins, pagination, source citation, 12-point font, New Times Roman, double space, make sure you break up your thoughts into paragraphs) (automatic 5 point deduction if you don’t double space or use 12 font)
Use as many SPECIFIC examples from the film as possible.( Minimum 5 per answer ) These examples must be from the ENTIRE movie. So if you missed a portion of it, it is your responsibility to find it elsewhere and watch it
Use terms from the text to demonstrate your ability to apply concepts to your analysis of the movie. YOU MUST USE AT LEAST 6 CONCEPTS FROM THE BOOK FOR EACH ANSWER .
Bold your terms from the book (automatic 5 point deduction if you don’t bold terms)
Type the name of the chapter before each question before you answer it or lose 5 points
Make an argument in your paper which must include an introduction with thesis statement and several main points in the body of the paper and a conclusion which sums up your ideas.
Avoid giving me random thoughts with little or no organization.
Question Options. Choose 3 out of the 5 following questions.( Remember that each questions pertains to a certain chapter, you must only use terms from that specific chapter for that question)
1. ( CHAPTER 1 – A first look at Interpersonal Communication) Thinking about the reasons why we communicate, examine the kinds of messages that are exchanged within the movie.Write about how content and relational statements affect interpersonal relationships. What errors are made in decoding? Give examples. Describe how some characters demonstrate success and failure with communication competence.
2. ( Communication and Identity ) Describe how one character’s self concept impacts his or her communication with other characters.How are they affected by reflected appraisal and confirming and dis confirming messages? How does their lack of knowledge about cultural rules lead to communication incompetence. In what way do they manage their identity? How does their self-concept develop over the course of the movie? (Hint: look at reflected appraisal, public and private selves, self fulfilling prophecies and other terms)
3. (Perception Chapter)In order to understand the perceptual process we need to examine the gap between “what is” and what we know.Discuss how character(s) use perceptual filters to classify and attach meaning to experiences. What influences do characters have on their perception and what are the outcomes? Discuss the role that perception and stereotyping play in this movie.
4. (Emotions Chapter) The characters experience an emotional roller coaster using both facilitative and debilitative emotions.Identify an activating event and describe it in detail including the types of emotions used, fallacies engaged in and efforts to manage difficult emotions. Do they learn to manage difficult emotions during the course of the movie? What influences the character’s emotional expression?
5. ( Language Chapter) Language is so important in how we communicate and how we relay our message. Language has the power to build people up as well as tear them down. Use the terms in this chapter to explore how language is used in this movie, give some examples as to how characters interpret and misinterpret language. Give examples from three different characters and how they use language as a barrier or a bridge. Look at the conflicts that arise due to misuse of language and give me your analysis as to what could have been said differently to avoid misunderstandings.
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homeworkpaper.net, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prices are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.