Mathematics in the Real-World
[WLOs: 1, 2] [CLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5]
For the last 5 weeks, you have been learning about various applications of mathematics in the real world. Most of the application problems can be either used in your own life or can be used to analyze and have a better perspective and understanding of various news in the media, and thus become better and informed citizens of the country.
Here is a list of many such application concepts that were discussed throughout the book:
· Global melting (page 70)
· Save money and save the earth (page 99)
· Federal budget (page 173)
· How numbers can deceive polygraph, mammogram, and more (page 178)
· Measuring your money by understanding tax, interests, investments, loans, budget, etc. (Chapter 4)
· Should you believe a statistical study (Chapter 5B)
· Graphics in the media (Chapter 5D)
· Correlation and causality (Chapter 5E)
· Is polling reliable (page 414)
· Exponential and logarithmic scales and their use in understanding acidification of lakes and oceans and the effect of exponential population rise (Chapter 8)
· Ocean acidification (page 526)
· Climate modeling (page 534)
· Mathematics of politics (Chapter 12)
For this journal entry, choose any two application problems from the above list and answer the following questions. The total word count, for all your answers, should be at least 300 words and not more than 500 words.
· What are the two topics that you have chosen?
· Why did you choose the topics?
· How will you use the applications in your own life? Be very specific.
· How can you use the applications in your own community? For example, if you believe in climate change and you find that your senator, congressperson, or members of your town council do not believe in climate change, how can you use your knowledge to change their beliefs? This is just an example. You can use this or your own examples and ideas to discuss how you can use your applications for the betterment of society and the country.
· Did you know about all these math applications before you took the class? How has your perspective about math changed after taking this class?
· Were you afraid of math before taking this class? Are you still afraid? Why or why not?
· Reflect on your journey through the 5 weeks of this class.
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homeworkpaper.net, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prices are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.