You will complete a Research Paper based on the previously completed Annotated Bibliography and Outline. This paper must be 3,600–4,500 words, excluding the cover page, table of contents, and bibliography, contain at least 20 sources (excluding the Bible and course textbooks), and 8 of the 20 sources must be written within the last 10 years. The Research Paper must be completed in current Turabian format.
The Purpose of a Theological Research Paper
The goal of a research paper is not merely to report about your readings or to list quotations (or paraphrases) related to your topic. Instead, a research paper must be a creative theological reflection on a relevant issue that recognizes the established scholars who helped you in that endeavor. Research papers must attempt to prove a point (thesis). They are not “surveys” of material. They must be thoroughly documented, and this assignment must not include your opinion until the conclusion.
The content of this paper must focus on 4 specific areas. First, you must identify a specific theological foundation of the Christian faith using a thesis statement (see list of possible topics in the Research Paper folder within the Assignment Instructions folder). Second, you must summarize the key doctrinal aspects of your chosen topic. Third, you must include an evaluation of this chosen theological foundation as it relates to the ongoing conversation within historic and orthodox Christianity. Finally, you must demonstrate competence in interpreting biblical texts according to historical-critical literary standards as well as integrity in properly representing and documenting theological positions related to your chosen topic.
You must use current Turabian format, a standard for seminaries, for this research paper. Since this is a graduate-level course, papers must be written to a near-thesis standard. That is, minimum format standards must be met, as defined below. English grammar and spelling must be up to graduate level (you are writing a research paper, not a casual letter). Qualities valued include clarity, succinctness, and precision.
Your paper must include the following (according to current Turabian format):
● Title Page
● Thesis Statement: Write 1 sentence that captures the focus of your research, informs your reader about the purpose of the paper, and previews the paper’s main ideas.
● Table of Contents: Show a clearly-defined outline that will also be visible throughout the paper.
● Introduction: Introduce your topic with a strong paragraph that clearly reveals what you intend to show to the reader (must include the substance of your thesis statement).
● Section Headings: Underline or bold your headings, which must follow your table of contents.
● Body: The body’s structured development must reflect your outline. This is where you prove your point while honestly interacting with opposing views and major objections.
● Transitional Sentences: Use clear transitions to ensure a flow and sense of unity from paragraph to paragraph.
● Conclusion: Your conclusion must not be a mere restatement of your thesis. Instead, your conclusion must be a synthesis of the information presented in the body. It must bring the reader to the full level of understanding of your topic that you have reached.
● Footnotes: Use the footnoting tool provided with Microsoft Word.
● Bibliography: Include at least 20 sources (excluding the Bible and course textbooks), and 8 of the 20 sources must be written within the last 10 years.
● Page numbers
● 1-inch margins
● Times New Roman, 12-point font
● Indented paragraphs of 5 spaces or 0.6 inches (the thesis standard is 5/8 of an inch)
● No extra line spacing between paragraphs
A Word about Sources
In order to gather sources for a research paper of this magnitude, one might be tempted to go to an Internet search engine like Google, type a keyword related to one’s topic, and collect sources from the first 20 to 30 results displayed. You must resist such temptation (since we know that temptation is not from God). As a rule, the Internet is not an acceptable resource for research papers (there are very few exceptions). Instead, it is recommended that you primarily use the following types of sources* while making sure that you cite all works used in your research paper and that you include only works cited in your bibliography.
● Scholarly journal articles: These are useful for their survey of the critical issues related to the subject and their bibliography, which could give you useful leads on the top scholars and works in the field.
● Primary sources: These must take precedence over secondary sources. A primary source is a firsthand account or direct evidence concerning a subject matter under examination while secondary sources present an assessment or an interpretation of primary sources (e.g., Augustine’s own work City of God is a primary source about Augustine’s view of the struggle between good and evil while Augustine of Hippo: A Biography by Peter Brown is a secondary source).
● Scholarly works: These include books, monographs, serials, and manuscripts written by experts in the field as opposed to dubious works whose value cannot be ascertained (ask yourself if the critic’s credentials and works suggest that he or she is qualified).
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homeworkpaper.net, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prices are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.