Answer in short paragraphs.
Ch. 2: “Women’s Journey from the ‘Burbs to the Counterculture”
1. According to the author, why did so many young white middle and upper-class women find he counterculture attractive? In your response, consider push (forces that drove these women away from their families and suburbia) and pull (forces that young women found attractive in counterculture) factors.
2. Lemke-Santangelo pays close attention to the life histories of many of the young women who entered the counter culture. What values, experiences, desires, and ambitions did these women share that helps us to understand why many young women made the journey to the counterculture?
3. What did young women hope to find when they joined the counterculture? According to the author, in what ways were their desires gender specific? Hint: the answer to this question begins on p. 54 and continues until the end of the chapter
Ch. 3: “In Harmonious Intercourse: Gender Constructs, Sexuality, Body Image, Relationships, and Reproduction”
1. In what ways did hippie women follow the gender norms of contemporary society?
2. In what ways did hippie women change gender norms? Note: Lemke-Santangelo offers at least four ways.
3. Lemke-Santangelo suggests that the counterculture’s philosophy of sexual liberation was “amorphous and ill defined.” (64) She then offers a rather extensive description of hippie women’s sexual practices and ideas. (64-71) Briefly summarize her argument.
4. Lemke-Santangelo suggests hippie partnerships experienced “chronic instability and tenuousness.” (73) Why?
5. How did counterculture women refashion childrearing?
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homeworkpaper.net, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prices are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.