For your paper, please select two of the following time periods/political units from the first list, and compare and contrast them using ONE main theme from the second list.
Time Period/Political Units:
Mayan city-states OR Teotihuacán
Roman Republic OR Roman Empire
Roles of women
Art, architecture, and literature
Your paper structure should be the following:
A description (3-5 pages, approximately 900 to 1200 words) of the two political units you have selected. At the very least, this should include information about both time periods or political units that explain:
o Who were the major ethnic, linguistic, or religious groups in the time period or political unit
o Where the major cities or peoples of the time period were located, or where the capital and general bounds of the political unit were located
o When the time period or political units began or were founded, when they are generally considered to have peaked, and when the time period or political unit ended
o Why the time period or political unit is generally believed to have been of import
An analysis (5-7 pages, approximately 1500-2100 words) of how the two time periods or political units compare and contrast with respect to the main theme you have chosen. You might want to consider:
o The role that religion played in society and the political structure of your political units
o How significant a role did slavery play in your time periods or political units? Was it an essential part of the economic and political structure, or more peripheral?
o Were there any major changes over time of your main theme throughout the time periods or political units chosen? Did the religion, roles of women, art, architecture, etc, evolve throughout the existence of your political unit?
o In what ways did your main theme contribute (or not) to the decline and ending of your time periods or political units chosen?
o In what way has this main theme in your political units remained relevant to the present day? Is there some significant impact on later world history from what you are analyzing?
Obviously, these are just some possible things one wants to consider when choosing your political units and main themes, and when writing your paper. I am limiting you to one main theme to force you to go into depth, rather than merely superficially inspecting a larger number of main themes. This will also make it much easier to come up with a coherent argument.
If you feel that you have a good idea for your term paper that does not quite fit these guidelines, feel free to speak to me personally. I am willing to grant exceptions on a case-by-case basis
1) Papers should be 2500-3200 words in length, double spaced, in 12 point Times New Roman or Calibri font, and with 1” margins all around. The word count does not include a title page, pictures, captions, graphs, or your bibliography.
2) You MUST use at least two academically appropriate sources other than the textbook. This includes scholarly books and articles in peer-reviewed journals. Encyclopedia articles are useful for greater background information, but do not count toward your two additional sources. Wikipedia DOES NOT COUNT AS AN ENCYCLOPEDIA. JSTOR.org is one of your best resources. I HIGHLY recommend the use of at least one primary source for each of your political units or time periods as well.
Papers without at least two academically appropriate sources will receive a grade no higher than D.
3) In general, most websites are NOT appropriate sources for an academic research paper. If you think you have found an exception, please contact me personally and we will discuss whether you should use information from the website while writing your paper.
Papers with a significant amount of information pulled from non-academically appropriate sources will receive a grade no higher than D.
4) PLAGIARISM IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. Plagiarism is passing off someone else’s work as your own. Please paraphrase, quote, and cite responsibly. Cadets will be given a grade of 0 (ZERO) for any assignment that they have found to have plagiarized all or part of, as well as likely suffer other consequences. For a useful resource on avoiding plagiarism, see https://wts.indiana.edu/writing-guides/pdf/plagiarism.pdf.
5) Your paper will be due 23 October. You will be turning in various stages of your paper as well, such as an annotated bibliography, preliminary notes, outlines, and a rough draft. Late work, from any stage of the writing process, will only be accepted under extreme circumstances.
6) All sources MUST be cited. MLA or Chicago-style notes and bibliography are acceptable.
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homeworkpaper.net, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prices are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.