Gender Story Book (200 points)
1. Write a picture book for children that has something to do with gender or sexual orientation. It could be a story about a gender-non-conforming child, or a story that highlights some aspect of gender roles, either in a traditional or a non-traditional way. It should also be entertaining!
Go to a bookstore or public library and look at a dozen or so picture books (usually intended for ages 2-10). How long are they? How many words do they usually have per page? What’s the ratio of words to illustrations?
Think about what makes a picture book successful. Refer to the following websites:
Your picture book should be written using Book Creator in Microsoft office. https://bookcreator.com/2015/06/book-creator-for-windows-is-here/
For tutorials on how to use Book Creator, see:
Your book should include the following:
• A great title that makes a 2-to-10-year-old reader want to read the story
• Illustrations that help a young reader understand the action and the ideas. You can draw your own illustrations if you’re artistic, or take photos and use those, or you can use art from the internet (with appropriate citations).
• A theme that lets the reader know what the story is about (Why should the reader spend their time reading this story?)
• Interesting characters (including the narrator) that provoke a response in the reader
• A conclusion that wraps up the story, with a really snappy ending
Tips for success
• Choose your words carefully: in creative writing, style really matters! The atmosphere you’re striving to create comes in part from your tone, your choice of vocabulary and the way you structure sentences. Short, choppy sentences create a very different feel than long, smoothly flowing sentences, for example.
• After you decide what the subject of your story will be, write an initial draft, complete with ideas for illustrations. Then let it sit for at least a few hours (overnight is even better) and read it again. Does it work as a story? Does it hold together? Is it fun to read for a small child? If not, either revise it or throw it away and start again with idea number two.
• Even though this paper is not formal academic writing, your grammar and syntax need to be good enough to not be a distraction to your reader. Incorrect grammar or syntax can also hinder comprehension. The
• Be sure that you leave time for revision and proofreading. Nothing undermines your credibility more quickly than sloppiness or careless preparation.
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homeworkpaper.net, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prices are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.